• Reducing the Beany Flavor in Soymilk - This handout describes ways that soymilk producers can reduce the "beany" flavor in their product. It was developed by EnSoy Milk's Frank Peget and SIL's Human Nutrition team.
• Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points for Soy Dairy Processing Equipment - This document can be used by soy food producers to identify and mitigate against common hazards that can occur during the production process.
• Soy Food Entrepreneur Network Fact Sheet - This fact sheet describes the network and the ways in which SIL supports the entrepreneurs and businesses involved.
• Soy Processing for Nutrition - An Extension Guide - This SIL-developed guide provides information on how to process soy for household consumption.
• How to make a wooden tofu press box - This presentation includes instructions (in images and in English) for how to make a wooden tofu press box.
• Soy Food Recipes - This links to SIL's first ever Soy Food Recipe Database.
• The Five Keys to Food Safety: World Health Programme - This handout details five key ways to achieve food safety, based on information from the World Health Organization.
• Ghana FDA Specifications for Soy Milk and Soy Milk Foods - This document lists the specifications laid out for Soy Milk and Soy Milk Foods by the FDA in Ghana.
• Process for FDA Certification in Ghana - This document describes the process by which FDA certification is achieved in Ghana.
The following are three reports that highlight some of the results from the entrepreneurs in the network.
Soy Dairy Network Webinars
• Building the Network of Soy Dairy Processing Enterprises - This webinar introduces the Soy Dairy Entrepreneur Network, some of its key members, and explains the business-building benefits of participating in an industry network.
• Packaging Techniques - This webinar highlights packaging innovations developed by members of the SIL Network. Includes methods for packaging soymilk using PET, HDPE, and glass bottles.
• Hygienic Practices - An overview of the importance and pay-off of practicing food safety in the soy dairy production room. Includes discussion of HACCP and materials recommended for soy food productions.
• Strengthening the Demand for Soy - Fresh ideas for marketing your soy products in different settings, from key entrepreneurs from SIL’s Soy Dairy Network.
• Value Addition Backbone to National Development - This article was published March 2018 on Malawi News Online.
• Soy Dairy Entrepreneur Network - This article was published in UNSCN News in October 2017.
• Feed the Future Buys into Soy in Malawi - This article was published in the July 2017 SIL Newsletter.
• Soy Dairy Network Entrepreneur Uses Innovation to Create Profit – This article was published in the July 2017 SIL Newsletter.
• Marketing Techniques Scale Up Soy Dairies in Africa - This article was published in the June 2017 SIL Newsletter.
• In Northern Ghana, It’s the SoyCows That Are Boosting Protein in Kids’ Diets - This article was published in the July/August 2016 USAID Frontlines Magazine.
• SoyCow in Northern Ghana Feeding Students of all Ages - This article was published in the March 2016 SIL Newsletter.
• Soy Dairy Microenterprises and Sustainability - This article was published in the February 2016 SIL Newsletter.
• Soy Dairy Systems installed in Ghana - This article was published in the April 2015 SIL Newsletter.
• SoyCows Bring Business Opportunities to African Communities - This article was published in SIL's In The News section.
• Soy Milk Bottling using PET Bottles - This video offers entrepreneurs a step by step process of how to ensure the bottles are sterile, how to store the soymilk after bottling, and how to minimize loss or contamination.
• Soy Dairy Businesses in Ghana Improve Nutrition and Create Economic Development - See how two soy dairy businesses are transforming soybeans into delicious high-protein soy foods to improve nutrition and increase economic development in Ghana.
• Smallholder Farmers Educated on the Nutritional Values of Soybean - Flora Amagloh travels to surrounding communities near Tamale, Ghana providing soy milk tastings, basic nutrition education and demonstrations on preparing soy-enhanced dishes.
• Soy Food Bazaar Creates Awareness and Showcases the Importance of Soy in Ghanian Cuisines - SIL’s Soy Food Bazaars bring together in-country stakeholders to test and explore the possibilities of soy to improve a nation’s nutrition.